2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
DONT BUY IT!!!!
By saabturbocoupe on 09/11/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first look, you may think that the jetta s is a great buy. For what your getting, and the price your paying, you'll probably think its a no brainer (if you like the new style). That was my mistake. I was looking for a car that was good on gas, didnt requier premium fuel, and was an overall good car. After driving this, I thought it was great. After 2 weeks, I now realize I made a terrible choice. Even with the manual transmition, this car is extremly slow, and shifts very clunky. When you use the wipers, something clicks when the wipers go up, and again when they go down. The seats arnt as comfortable as they first seem either. All I can say is, I miss my honda, will trade this in soon.

Return of the People's car
By justin_w on 04/02/11 03:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read a few reviews that knock VW for "Down Grading" the Jetta to make it more affordable, but I think VW is getting back to its roots. There is nothing down graded about the new Jetta. If anything the previous models were too up scaled for their demographic. I have owned a 1997 Jetta GLX which I had once read as being referred to as a poor manís BMW 3 Series. But the 2011 does not disappoint. When compared to other cars in its price point, the new Jetta takes all. I test drove a Kia that cost the same as my Jetta, and it truly felt like it was going to fall apart over every bump. With the Jetta that is not an issue. It really is great, for the price of good. This is VWs finest hour.

New Jetta
By KLRider on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We were a little worried the 4 cyl would be underpowered however with the 5sp M transmission the powertrain performs quite nicely. While the redesign does affect driveability slightly the car still has the VW feel and it much better than its competition. In other words it is not a typical sluggish small car boat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in VA is:

$146 per month*