Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

you get what you pay for
By mark Walter

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the winter my 2005 Passat had suddenly died and I needed a car fast. The jetta was about 20,000 out the door at an excellent interest rate. i have put thew tires on and done scheduled maintenance and that is all for 75000 of driving. I live in the north in cold and lots of snow. It handles well in snow never got stuck. This car isn't fancy but reliable. I have owned toyota carolla, nissan altima, honda accord. I would say it is no better or worse than these models. the accord was nicer but 5,000 more so it should be. It is quitter than the toyota. the nissan was the older model so can't compare to current day altima. If you buy this car do scheduled maintenance and it should perform well keep it till it dies and it will be worth the money. I have read many of the other views and have never had any of those issues. if you get it new for 0 to .9% for 60 months like I did it is a great deal

A great little car
By Chris Plato

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It has all the upgrades you can get including a rear view camera and anti-stain treated interior. It's peppy at low and high speeds. I'm always surprised by how roomy the car is - both front and back. The heated seats are a nice touch even if the car did live almost all of its life in San Diego. The vehicle has California car emissions equipment. I love this car, especially with satellite car radio.

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
By LUKE

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Only problem I had was horn going bad (cost $30.00 did it myself) other than that just oil change and filters. Change original tires ( Hankook ) at 50,000 miles they were terrible just put in a set of Michelin defenders (they handle way better than Hankok). People who complain about materials use in a interior should buy a BMW or Lexus you can not except to much from a midsize car under 20k. Sharp looking car for the money.

Brand new buyer- crossing my fingers Fre
By joto284

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4d Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

What can I say about a car I bought three days ago for my kid? I will keep it positive.I am crossing my fingers. A certified jetta 2011SE ,70k miles with 24 months &24k miles warranty.VW was not in my radar screen. I was looking for a Honda or a Toyota equivalent and 4K-6K more. I like this VW handling and the leather seats, bluetooth. If I had read the reviews I would not have purchased it. I am waking up every day thinking that I screwed up. My local mechanic is happy because he thinks we will see each other more. How can VW be in business with such bad reviews. Sales dropped another 8% last year. Wish me luck, I hope not to return to add a bad review

Nice handling, Leather, good looking car, heated seats. Appears to be a good value for the money. Cheaper than Honda or Toyota. Although every body tells me that I will pay later with unexpected break down. I have only owned Hondas and Toyota and not once I have been stranded on the road even at 190K miles. I hope I did not make a huge mistake. I bought this Jetta because it is different in looks and feel to the Accord or Toyota Camrys. Hope I do not pay later with repairs.

The air conditioning controls are old fashion knobs that feels dated for a 2011 model. It lacks the digital readout that tell you the temperature setting. The seats while leather may be uncomfortable for a trip. The head lights are turned on by yet another relic of the past a knob on the side. Again, wish me luck and advice if I should buy an additional extended warranty for $1,800. It will bring the warranty to 5 years or up to 150,000 miles.

BUYER BEWARE unreliable, unsafe, unpredictable
By mespo01

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I leased a 2011 Jetta SE with the intention of buying it once the lease was up. One month before I was planning to buy the car, it started stalling out. The 1st time this happened I was driving downhill at approx 30 mph. The brakes and steering wheel locked up - lost control. Very scary. I took the car to the dealer - charged me $500 to have it "fixed". Second time, I was on the highway - lucky to be stuck in traffic. Had it happened 15 min earlier while driving 60mph in middle lane, could have been dangerous. Car had 40k miles on it. VW will not take responsibility for this problem. My car is sitting at the VW pre-owned lot ready to be sold. I feel sorry for the person who will buy it.

Very comfortable, spacious, & nice looking interior and exterior. Car heats up and cools down fast. Love the sirius xm, heated seats, big trunk, etc.

Wish VW would figure out why 2011 models are stalling out. Could have been a great car.