2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
It's a good daily use car
By kevin0206 on 04/02/14 00:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought an used 2011 2.5 version. It's good for daily use, and it gives you power when you put in sport mode or manual. I like it.

The Good and bad
By ihatebadrivers on 01/26/14 19:27 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car used from a local dealership. I have found the gas mileage to be great but the transmission has a mind of its own at lower speed and sometimes while slowing down to a stop it clunks into a lower gear. Its disturbing and annoying (almost scares me) when it does this. Sometimes when I put it in gear (mostly in reverse it hesitates and then goes in gear suddenly. I have to make sure I always have me foot firmly pressed so it doesn't lurch forward or backwards suddenly. I don't know if this is normal for all Jettas this year or not but it makes me think that I could have transmission problems down the road?! It does have plenty of pickup when I put it in "sport mode"

Not a good choice
By bcr410 on 10/26/13 05:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car has had nothing but problems, major problems. To begin, there is a air leak seal issue in both the front and back windows causing a wistle sound that is very annoying. Electrical issues with the horn / heated mirrors not working, and most recent, a rack and pinion that failed. I will never buy another VW And would not reccomend anyone else buy one ither.

Puts a smile on your face
By cdub504 on 07/08/13 19:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

There aren't many cars that one can own that gives you a communal feeling like you get from owning a vw. This is my second vw purchase, despite a 6 year Mazda relationship that ended, it was time. After test driving a new focus I found this white gold metallic beauty with 17in vw rims and well that test drive put a smile back on my face. At 22k it drives perfectly with enough pick up for my daily commutes and looks really great. I didn't read too much into the cheap interior reviews, I love it, love the stereo system and satellite radio. The onl thing I can caution a new buyer on is the love bite that seems to happen when you first open the center counsel...consider yourself warned!

Lemon
By honestengine86 on 04/15/13 05:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new in nov/2010. "Sportline 2.5l" with every possible option. To this date it has been seen 16 times for warranty work. Totalling well over $3,800 (not including recalls) .. I’m terrified to own this car outside of a warranty. Cheap materials all throughout. enough said.

Ex Japanese buyer now German....
By cube69 on 03/27/13 07:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first car that wasn't Japanese but I'm very happy I made the switch. The Jetta has more room than any other in its class. The doors close with a solid thud to let you know the difference in the quality and fit and finish of this car compared to others. The Jetta feels solid on the road with no excessive road noise like my Honda. I like the design of the Jetta which I feel will last with time. My next car will be VW, I like German engineering and safety.

Lease or get an extended warranty
By klamp80 on 02/26/13 07:46 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have about 24,000 miles on my car. My engine light came on the other day and I am also having some electrical issues. The speakers fade in and out depending on whether I have the heat on or if I open a window. It's strange but not shocking since I know they are notorious for electrical problems. Up until now, I haven't had any issues with the car. Overall I don't dislike the car. The pickup is okay, I feel that it's a comfortable ride, and it handles well for me in terms of performance.

Loved it at first, not so sure now.
By kmck on 08/05/12 19:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I posted a review previously (titled EXCELLENT car but not with a few caveats) and I've had a few issues in the year and a half since I've bought it. First, door seals were terrible and made squeaky noises and took 3 visits to fix. Alignment went awry and now my whole car vibrates and makes a loud noise when braking -- and I'm not even remotely a heavy-footed driver/braker. One of my window switches is loose, and the driver seat makes a clicking noise when going over bumps. I bought a new car so I could stay out of the service area for a while, what the heck VW?

2011 jetta tdi nightmare
By davey_dcgr on 05/30/12 11:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

here is a list of issues. passenger door does not close right scratches car they told me it was fine but it is obviously not i bought door sills to protect it from more scratches for 200 dollars just for the door to destroy it! its all on that one door so its the car bad wind noise bluetooth has been replaced 3 times and if you are listening to music then get a call the phone disconnects. antenna fixed 1 time. deliverd with paint issues witch had to go to the body shop for and had wrong media system. cheap interior gps has had to be checked twice. engine part was recalled exaust tips were recalled sun roof sometimes wont close have to fiddle with it with warenty 40grand not worth it

All of them pull right from engine torque force
By luisdiaz on 03/29/12 17:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Every time you accelerate the engine torque pulls car to right side all the time very annoying and every other driver I talk to says same thing. Ive had my 2011 jetta for 11 months now and I can't get rid of it because I loose $4000 I had tested the demo and it pulled right but the salesman convinced me it was out of alignment but my new car does same. Buyer be ware of this front engine torque forcing car to drive to right side I will never buy a jetta as long as I live

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta in NJ is:

$214 per month*