2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: TDI Sportwagen not all it's sp

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

TDI Sportwagen not all it's spozed 2B
By zenmoose on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought the thing in a bit of a rush in June to get the tax break, though I had researched it. I bought a basic TDI wagon w/ no moon roof. Basic bluetooth only calls out as another reviewer commented. (Are you kidding me? LAME!) OK. Forget the bluetooth, can't be fixed or flashed. It needs to be replaced at better than a grand. Sigh. The car is fairly well built, looks good, rides ok, moves along well enough. It has a design flaw. This heavy (200 lbs more than the sedan) beast is PRONE TO STALLING. I have driven many manuals, but this is a problem. It has an ultra light flywheel. If it lugs, ECU shuts off at 850 revs! You must turn the key all the way off to restart (Danger!)

Favorite Features

Mega Mileage! 45 mpg is quite likely. Roomy in front and back. Climate controls are simple. Rides like a mushy sport truck and handles normal road conditions. Pretty quick for a 140 HP motor.

Suggested Improvements

Lighten the body and increase the flywheel weight. Improve the clutch and accelerator feel. Use aluminum pedals. Make the bluetooth fully functional. Pleather smells bad and feels sticky, substitute cloth/fabric.