2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Surprising VW

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

SportWagen TDI Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Surprising VW
By chessiesail on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After a lot of research into mid- priced cars with good fuel economy, I replaced my 3rd leased BWM (a 3, 5, and 3 coupe) with the 2010 TDI Wagon...$ for $ this is the one of the best cars that I've owned. Very comfortable on my 4+ hr weekly commute, quiet, and very good, "German" handling. It's not a BMW, but at half the sticker price of a 335 diesel it's a great car. With just over 2000 miles I averaged 50.2 mpgs on my past Monday's commute which is 90:10 hwy:city. Overall, I'm averaging 46 mpg doing about 85:15, hwy:city. There is plenty of room for passengers, cargo and dog crates. This car really does everything well!

Favorite Features

Comfort, seats, handling and especially the fuel economy. Great breaks. Standard TDI touch screen stereo is very user friendly and has good sound.

Suggested Improvements

I sometimes miss the acceleration after a decade of driving BMWs. Fuel economy falls off precipitously over 65 mph. Offer AWD.