More diesel, please!
By ray_j on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I decided to give up the commuter/family mover (Prius) in favor of the inspired driving characteristics, superior cargo room, and better looks of the JSW. Not wanting to give up on the efficiency, however, made the decision for the TDI flavor much more of a "need" than a "want". Well worth the premium price. I often find myself forgetting when the last time I refueled. The interior treatment is far superior to the JSW's competition, with excellent audio/entertainment accompaniments and vastly superior quality of materials/workmanship. Cargo hauling is also a big plus; after moving our household, I can attest to the versatility of having a wagon vice a sedan, or an mpg nightmare (SUVs).
Favorite Features
Exterior looks; interior quality; fuel efficiency; hauling versatility; inspired driving characteristics; ergonomics and control placement; manual transmission is spaced brilliantly, with a "true" 6th gear overdrive!
Suggested Improvements
Add an updated Bluetooth module to enable voice calling (DONE! The MY 2011 has it as a standard option for the TDI) I stayed away from the panoramic roof due to several leak and moisture issues reported by some owners.