2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: So disappointed I traded it in

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

So disappointed I traded it in within a month
By greyhounds3 on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen SE PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am a 4-time VW owner (Fox, old Jetta, new Jetta, Touareg), so I was eager for a reasonably priced wagon that gets great fuel economy. The vehicle was not fully explained to me at the dealership and I never would have bought it if it had been. The transmission is so incredibly jerky and when the car shifts gears, you actually jerk along with it. The brakes are so tight that they are shockingly sudden. I never had this before in my VWs. The seats are so uncomfortable that I feel like I am sitting on rocks, which could have been less expensive. I have needed to see a massage therapist and chiropractor due to these seats. I am petite-maybe someone taller can tolerate these seats.

I love the manual feature of the Jetta Wagen. Driving it manual actually is a lot less jerky than driving it in automatic transmission. The bluetooth is clear and loud.

The seats are ungodly uncomfortable. I am 5'2" and nothing under the sun could make me comfortable in these seats. I have seen a massage therapist and chiropractor after sitting in this car for a month. The transmission is awful and jerky while changing gears. The brakes are so tight and jerky that my dogs were flying around the cargo area when I would brake.