2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Perfect for Long Commutes

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SportWagen TDI Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Perfect for Long Commutes
By Happy Commuter on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car makes me look forward to my hour long commute twice a day! Great sound system. I love the firm feel of the steering and the way it hugs the road. I'm averaging 38 mpg with 2,000 miles in 60/40 hwy/city driving. Last night I hit 40 mpg for the first time. My husband was against the idea of a VW and wanted me to get a larger vehicle to accommodate his 6'3" frame. During the test drive, he couldn't believe how roomy it was, and he loved the fast acceleration. Looking forward to loading up the storage area with at least 6 flats of plants for spring planting. I traded in my beloved Honda Accord EX (loaded) for this car, and there have been no regrets!

Upscale interior, touch-screen satellite radio, all things radio/music-related, blue-tooth for ipod (mine works great), heated seats work extra fast, cup holder size & placement, roomy door storage, front & back leg room, seat comfort, large hatchback storage area, 'switchblade' key.

Only necessity: Improve warm-up time for interior heat. The heated seats help counter this. Not necessities, but would be nice: full-power front seats, fuel tank on driver's side of vehicle, and a slightly "zippier" exterior design.