2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Norm from Mississauga

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel

Norm from Mississauga
By nplatt on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have a 2011 Golf Sportswagen (Jetta in U.S.A.) and
knew precisely what I was getting into. I was aware of the DSG problems that have been fixed . I knew that these were perhaps the finest seats that you can get in a car because I have a very bad back and these seats were the tonic. I loaded up the options list because I travel a lot each year - about 60,000 miles per because we have a home just north of Maine and I drive about 16 hours at a stretch.
My only complaints have been the trim seals for the rear doors that were fixed under warranty. Other than that I knew to get a mid cycle refresh model so that all the bugs were worked out.

Like I said the seats are great as is the acceleration with the turbo. Where I drive there is a need for overtaking large trucks and campers so, this car passes others with little drama. Also, the car is nice and quiet at 75 mph. This is clearly a highway vehicle and it gives lots of confidence on long trips and varying climates. Cannot beat the mileage either. I get about 500 miles per tank providing I stay below 75 mph. The torque is addictive!

In Canada all of the sportwagens were fitted with Hankooks which I switched pretty quickly to Continental DWS. Very quiet and a much more composed ride. Also, we do not get the HID headlights which would be a big improvement over the base ones. Finally I had the brakes serviced at my cost ($300.00) and it makes a big difference. VW in my opinion should have done this for free because clearly it needed this servicing.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review