No regrets
By Macsimone on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I was looking for a hatchback.I checked several makes. I really liked the GTI. Then tried the TDI Golf. Fuel economy displaced the GTI fun factor. As I was dealing on a TDI Golf I tried the TDI Sportswagen. It just felt smoother than the Golf, so I bought a TDI JSW with DSG. No paddle shifting like on the GTI and TDI Golf, but the extra room, smoother ride and great handling made up the difference, no regrets. I have a MB AMG E55 and BMW 335 hardtop convert, so I have transport options. The JSW gets the most use. It is one of those cars you hop in and just go and go and go. It is getting 45 mpg using D and S and manually shifting when I want more involvement. Diesel $ still less than premium.
Favorite Features
The TDI engine torque and MPG. The DSG mode options. Great steering feedback. The wagen handling/cornering. Included rear parcel cover and storage under the rear floor. The right side fuel filler makes a shorter pump wait. I love the cooled seats, rain sensing sunroof, power seats - just kidding!
Suggested Improvements
Fog lights, xenon lights, self-dimming mirror, Homelink, and yes, even paddle shifters. Luxo interior with leather would be OK to add, but would that ruin its "hop in and drive" to work, post office, grocery store, beach, church, Lowes, Sonic, school, soccer game, date night character? Probably!