2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Nice car when its not

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

Nice car when its not in service dept
By Dave on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had this car a month and its been in VW service for half of that time with three different episodes of having the check engine light on (oxygen sensor replaced, EGR gasket replaced, software update). I suspect they disconnected the check engine light after the last time... I've also had the windshield cracked by a rock... When I can drive the car its been very good. The fuel economy is astounding - 40 mpg in mixed driving 47-50 on the highway. Interior is very nice with high quality materials and finish for this class of car. Touch screen stereo is nice. Large trunk. The car overall seems very solid and the handling is first rate. Bluetooth has been funky - after one call it shuts off.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage!! Comfortable seats and high quality interior. Shifter is pretty good. I was afraid of the DSG's reliability over time and prefer a manual anyway. Stereo is pretty good, touch screen is nice. Lots of features for the price of the car.

Suggested Improvements

How about paying closer attention to quality control VW?? One more time in the shop and its lemon law time.