New VW Household
By Anonymous on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
My wife and I bought a 2009 Jetta SE last April and were very impressed. After much deliberation, I decided to give up my Infiniti M45 in exchange for a TDI Sportwagen. I find myself defending this move to my friends on a daily basis and truly believe it was a great move. Double the gas mileage, great stereo/navigation system with hard drive, and panoramic sunroof were the biggest selling features. The tax credit was a nice bonus too. It is not a hot rod, won't turn heads, and has some odd quirks, but is a really great car overall. I have averaged about 39 MPG over the first 2,000 miles. No problems to this point with either of our new VW's.
Favorite Features
Tie between the panoramic sunroof and hard drive audio system. Audio system would win if it didn't reset the mix every time its turned off...tends to replay songs too often.
Suggested Improvements
Homelink!!! No idea how they can continue to leave this off! The media system also takes a little too long to start up.
By jlh3
on 06/20/13 05:43 AM (PDT)

I know what you mean. I traded my 06 M35 in for an 07 Ford focus mainly because of gas cost. Many Friends and relatives didn't understand, but I have more money in my pocket now. Trying to set myself up better for the future.