2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: LOVE my new Jetta SportWagen T

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SportWagen TDI Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

LOVE my new Jetta SportWagen TDI!
By JettaMom on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Never had a VW before, but wanted to replace our nice '05 MT Subaru Legacy wagon with an AT car that got better mpg but was as nicely appointed and fun to drive. After I test drove the 2010 Prius, my husband suggested we just stop by the nearby VW dealer to check out their TDI models. I knew almost nothing about clean diesel technology and what good mpg these cars get. When I first hopped into the Jetta SportWagen TDI, I was IMMEDIATELY sold!! Car is beautifully designed and appointed, solid, and has a fun and sporty feel. MPG is fabulous, and I understand it just improves over time, so I expect to average over 40 mpg in mixed driving. I'm happy when I drive it, and that's the bottom line!

Interior styling is classy and solid. Love the panoramic sunroof and touch screen radio. Love the MID (media in device for iPod). Love the mpg information display in the dash. Love the simplicity of the controls. Love the Salsa Red color!

Windshield wipers seem a bit flimsy, but that's my ONLY complaint!