2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Incredible machine!

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

Incredible machine!
By jinxo on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The 2010 Jetta TDI is far and away the finest car I have ever owned. It is tightly constructed and a joy to drive. Best of all is the mileage: in a mix of highway and suburban driving, I consistently get in the mid-to-high 40's, sometimes over 50 mpg. I like the styling (last year for this style) and the interior quality is excellent. While not a screamer, performance is beyond adequate. In 20 months, I have put over 47,000 miles on this car with very few issues. My wife has a Honda Accord, and she is very jealous of my Jetta. I'm very pleased!

Standard satellite radio; 45-50 highway mpg; comfort; performance; styling; environmental friendliness; available manual transmission.

The rear deck is a little high and limits rear visibility. The touch screen radio is a potential distraction. The accessories sometimes seem to have a mind of their own (for example, the wipers go into intermittent mode when the vehicle stops, whether I want them to or not). I wish an iPod adapter was standard.