2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Head of the Class

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Head of the Class
By Chad on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd new Jetta ('04, '06, '10) in what I am sure is a long list of more to come. All you have to do is shop the competition in this price-point (we paid just over $22k) to realize that there is no competition in this price-point. The German styling, euro-inspired handling and performance, and refined interior make you feel like you are driving in a car worth twice the price. One word of caution...if you feel the urge to "shop around" before deciding to buy, make the Jetta last on your list, otherwise it won't be fair to the others :)

I love the 6 speed auto with sport mode and manual shift control is awesome. The shifts are smooth and it has that "push you back in your seat" jump off the line that makes the car feel more powerful than 170hp. The upgraded touchscreen media-enabled sound system with iPhone integration is a must.

Don't let the reviews about under-performing braking fool you. The brakes are amazing. The only thing I think this car could use is an HID headlight option (the fact that new headlights is the only thing I could come up with should tell you how much I love this car just the the way it is).