2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Great value and fun to drive t

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Limited Edition Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great value and fun to drive too!
By Steve on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just leased the 2010 LE automatic last week. I have to admit this is one fun car to drive. Fit and finish are on par with BMW and Mercedes. I just came off of a 5 series BMW lease, and my wife drives a 300 AWL Benz. I actually prefer the ride of the Jetta to the Benz. Not quite a challenge to the BMW's handling and performance, but for less than half the price it's a pretty good trade off. The cabin is extremely quiet, even over rough pavement, and the car corners through turns very confidently with just modest body roll. Acceleration is reasonably quick. The car has a heftier feel to it which belies it's actual weight. This translates into what feels like a more substantial road presence.

Favorite Features

The LE offering is flush with all the necessary safety features and creature comforts. If you prefer a NAV system, a better stereo, or larger alloys you can always move up to the SEL. The Jetta LE is just a solidly built car with benefits. VW's July incentive program make this one a no brainer.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat thigh supports could present a problem for a wider bodied individual, as they are rather restrictive and limit freedom of movement. Viewed the 2011 model and hope VW rethinks it's decision to cheapen the car. The new design looks very generic, and in my opinion loses much it's appeal.