2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Great car!

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

Great car!
By ducvw2004 on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is not my first VW, let alone my first Jetta. I've owned 7 VWs previously. As always, the quality is very good for the price, and the TDI diesel engine is phenomenal on fuel mileage. On a recent 100 mile round trip on secondary (2-lane) country roads, we averaged about 42mpg with the AC on. Very nice! By far one of the better cars I've owned...and my other car is a 2008 Corvette that cost $63,000 new, so am a bit picky! And, contrary to popular belief, Low Sulfur Diesel is available everywhere. I live in a small town and within 10 miles there are 6 gas stations, four of which offer the proper diesel, the other two I didn't even bother to check.

Favorite Features

The touch screen satellite radio is very cool. Huge trunk space. Amazing fuel economy. Lots of airbags...safety for my kid who will probably learn to drive in this car. Pretty decent European styling. Great warranty and free services for the first 3 years.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are a bit grabby when slowing to a stop. Could be sprung a bit stiffer. Other than that can't think of a thing.