Excited in St Louis
By St Louis Boy on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I have been buying US branded cars since the first one. I've had no discrimination against brands, Ford, Gm, Chrysler. All are good but none are making me as happy as this new Jetta TDI. It has great speed and pick-up with shifts that are unbelievably quick. I've never had any transmission shift so fast and smooth. I was surprised when hitting 70mph there was another gear. The interior is solid and very up scale. Vinyl or not the seats feel like their from a luxury car. I haven't had anyone even guess it's a diesel. The interior is quieter than a Cadillac I once had. The body is smaller than the Dodge Charger we traded in on it but there was no trade off in interior or trunk space. Buy It!!
Favorite Features
Smooth Turbo Diesel and DSG Transmission. Cool big screen radio and abundant computer information in the gauge cluster. Huge trunk. Great fuel mileage.
Suggested Improvements
A car at this price should have fully automatic lights. The headlights are on all the time but the running lights should automatically come on and off. With such a nice screen on the radio you should be able to add a rear camera without going to gps. For that matter it be able to play DVD's.