Diesel advantages
By althaFL on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Bought the car for the wife but I can't stay out of it. Once you get used to the throttle it is quite peppy and responsive. I can fit in comfortably with some seat adjustments (6'1") 208. Performance is great along with mileage. I have installed AFE cold air intake and Banks performance exhaust which have improved response and mileage, no I am not a kid but the AARP age, just like to improve on a good base. Driving somewhat progressively using sport mode I manage 38 to 40 mpg and blow by hybrids. Best deal I got was $24,200 not inclusive of taxes and title. TDI Sportwagon 6AM, Southern kit, 17's, protection kit, Ipod adapt, body moldings, color White Gold metallic. Less than 2000 miles but happy.
Favorite Features
Diesel, mileage, lower maintenance costs, oil changes evry 10000 miles but all maintenance is free for 3yr/36k on my deal. Fun to drive, a little road noise but the Bose system covers that. The interior material is as comfortable as leather and easier to maintain.
Suggested Improvements
I have owned 2 previous Jettas a GTI 4cyl and a VR6 this is a big improvement. I find the visors and overhead storage compartment to be a bit cheesy plastic construction hence my build quality rating of 7. The cost difference of Audi and VW explains the plastic.