2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Diesel & VW Newbie Loves TDI S

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Diesel & VW Newbie Loves TDI Sportwagen
By Goldilocks on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I'm a 40 yr old professional working mom with two young kids and a long commute. I'd never owned a VW or diesel before buying the TDI Sportwagen (Blue Graphite and beige interior) about 2 weeks/800 miles ago. This car is an excellent value and does so many things well. Performance, comfort, functionality, overall good looks without being too flashy, and MPG are all terrific. So far I'm averaging 42 MPG and that's in some stop-and-go traffic. Getting 600 miles per 14.5 gallon tank is both a money- saver and convenient. And it's a blast to drive. I expect to be driving this car a long time and told my 6 yr old that if he treats the car right, he'll be driving it when he turns 16!

Favorite Features

MPG, quiet & clean diesel engine, performance, nice cargo space, included roof rack, good looks, safety.

Suggested Improvements

1) VW needs to communicate what bluetooth system comes with the car. Don't believe it when the dealer says that you have address book download and voice activation until you see it with your own eyes as all cars seem to vary. 2) Weird two-tone dash and cargo area when you order beige interior.