Couldn't be happier
By ajpeters on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
We bought this car mostly because of the efficiency and I like diesels much better than hybrids. From what I hear I'm glad we got a 2010 and not a 2011. With just over 9000 miles we could not be happier with this car. It handles nicely, is comfortable to drive on long trips (we have driven it back home to Montana twice from Iowa since we got it), has plenty of trunk space, and gets phenomenal fuel mileage. We average 43-45 on the highway when the temperatures are above freezing and 36-39 when below. The standard Sirius radio is nice and the interior noise level is great. The transmission takes a bit getting used to as it shifts down when decelerating and slows the car down unexpectedly
Favorite Features
Fuel mileage, ride quality, handling, interior quality, interior noise level, trunk space.
Suggested Improvements
I wish they hadn't dumbed down the 2011 model so much. I like the exterior styling but the interior quality is terrible. We were lucky to be able to buy a brand new 2010 before they were gone.
By ajpeters
on 07/08/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

Just an update....we now have 19,000 miles on our Jetta after 8 months of ownership. Still loving every minute I spend in this car. It never gets uncomfortable on long trips and has plenty of room for all of our stuff. The torque is phenomenal and rarely downshifts on the highway. I actually enjoy driving this car more than my BMW 3 series. We have not had a single problem with it. The only trip we've made to the dealer is for our 10,000 mile service. We recently drove a 300+ mile trip to Chicago from central Iowa and averaged 46.1 mpg. Can't ask for much more than that!