2010 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Concerned owner

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SportWagen TDI Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

Concerned owner
By SR on

2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my first vw. I bought it because I thought I will keep the car for ever since I know diesel engines last forever. Also MPG is a huge plus. Shortly after I bought the car I started to see reports about HPFP failures and the way company is blaming them on contaminated fuel! These cars are in the market for only two years and they have less than 30- 40K mileage on them and they are failing! If US diesel fuel is so bad why VW introduced these new engine? Everybody is talking how clean these are but how good they would be if they fail after few thousand miles? The sad part is VW has not issues any answer why HPFP is failing. I bought this car to travel cross country and have fun not concern!

VW needs to explain why HPFP is failing? Since they are defective, they should be extend the warranty for the expected life of the engine. If they believe their engine is relaible and last few hundred thousand miles like other diesel engine, extend the HPFP warranty to that extend.