2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 9

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
A combination of Corolla, BMW and Lexus
By IM on 05/21/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The inside is luxurious with lots of fine touch. Windows keep on closing even when the ignition is turned off. With the engine off the excellent radio can be turned on. The trunk closes without crashing the contents. This is the first car that I enjoy just taking

Amazing handling, pick-up, and interiors
By Sunil on 05/14/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We are expecting our first baby and wanted something more spacious and safe than our old sedan. However, we also wanted something with good mileage that was also powerful (that ruled out the Prius). This car fit the bill perfectly. We are averaging about 35 mpg after 2000 miles (city+hwy) and the car has some serious pick-up. It handles beautifully and has some serious pick-up.The interiors are very stylish and the controls are very practical. We had the power sunroof added on and it is well worth the money, makes us feel like we are in a convertible. We paid MSRP.

Great car!
By ducvw2004 on 05/14/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is not my first VW, let alone my first Jetta. I've owned 7 VWs previously. As always, the quality is very good for the price, and the TDI diesel engine is phenomenal on fuel mileage. On a recent 100 mile round trip on secondary (2-lane) country roads, we averaged about 42mpg with the AC on. Very nice! By far one of the better cars I've owned...and my other car is a 2008 Corvette that cost $63,000 new, so am a bit picky! And, contrary to popular belief, Low Sulfur Diesel is available everywhere. I live in a small town and within 10 miles there are 6 gas stations, four of which offer the proper diesel, the other two I didn't even bother to check.

Great gas mileage and fun to drive.
By clidaw on 05/06/10 05:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I've put over 3000 miles on the VW TDI since 15 March and have enjoyed it immensely. I hit 44 mpg on a trip from Memphis to Indianapolis and still had 3 gallons in the tank when I filled up only a half mile from my house. The car doesn't have as much kick as the VW Jetta 1.8T (our second car), but it is close and improves the gas mileage by over 10mpg. Gas mileage does take a hit going over 70, but you could probably get close to 50 going between 55-60. I wasn't about to get run off the interstate to find out. The stereo features a great sound stage because of the extra speakers, and the 16cf is great. In response to an earlier review, the car does have brakes that do work well.

Silent Diesel
By Doug on 05/05/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car breaks the diesel stereotype of being loud and dirty. This car is quiet and produces no black smoke. It's torque is fun, fuel mileage is great, and it is a sleek ride. I have owned this car for a week and no one I know even knows its a diesel. So far its solid. So far city driving 34 mpg during break in period.

Traded in a Hybrid
By Annapolitan on 05/03/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

I traded in my Highlander Hybrid for a JSW TDI and can't be happier. After nearly 10K miles, the car is driving great and the engine is really breaking in. I drive 60 miles each way to work, and on one trip home last week, I average 50.8 mpg! That's more than twice what I gut with my hybrid. Car is comfortable, and I love the nav with satellite traffic. Makes picking a route home during the evening rush much easier. Highly recommend this for commuters who need to carry stuff, or have big dogs, like I do.

LOVE my new Jetta SportWagen TDI!
By JettaMom on 04/26/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

Never had a VW before, but wanted to replace our nice '05 MT Subaru Legacy wagon with an AT car that got better mpg but was as nicely appointed and fun to drive. After I test drove the 2010 Prius, my husband suggested we just stop by the nearby VW dealer to check out their TDI models. I knew almost nothing about clean diesel technology and what good mpg these cars get. When I first hopped into the Jetta SportWagen TDI, I was IMMEDIATELY sold!! Car is beautifully designed and appointed, solid, and has a fun and sporty feel. MPG is fabulous, and I understand it just improves over time, so I expect to average over 40 mpg in mixed driving. I'm happy when I drive it, and that's the bottom line!

Fun!
By TP on 04/19/10 05:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Great car, excellent acceleration, a bit jerky with slow speed braking, but overall a great car. Fit and finish are excellent. Very comfortable.

Great Value
By RA on 04/15/10 22:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is my commuter and our family car. one year and 10000 miles, at 40.5 mpg [I have an excel spreadsheet for mileage] for a car with 95% commute of half 35 to 45 mph then highway, total of 58 mile round trip for work. Mileage is getting better, with the computer reporting a best of 49.1 mpg one morning on the way to work recently, when I made all the lights. My only short trip was over 45 mpg, for a 300 mile trip. I love the ergonomic features of this car for its price.

Great Car
By GMAN on 04/14/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had the TDI Jetta for 4 months and put over 8,000 miles. I've saved over $370 in fuel costs in the first 3 months. I've been getting an average of 42-44 mpg and drive at 70-80 mph on highway. This car is a great alternative to a hybrid and is fun to drive. I've also tested the Prius and Insight before making my decision. If you do a lot of driving I recommend that you take a look at this car.