Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

You gotta drive this car
By love the v dub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

being 42 yr old driver I have had several new and used cars in my lifetime to this point. By far this car is a blast to drive handles like my old 280 zx but gets 40+ miles to the gallon. acceleration,cornering and all around performance is top notch . Interior is well laid out the seat could be a slight touch larger but are comfortable more sporty than plush. All in all if the expected reliability is what its supposed to be I can see myself still driving this car in 7 years from now. And what I save a month on gasoline from not driving my pick up it is just about 3/4 of my car payment

DSG transmission sport regular auto or tip tronic. The built in controls in steering wheel phone stereo and trip computer all at your finger tips.

Bring back the puddle lights and key acess to the truck from the outside. And when you say a full size spare make it the FULL SIZE not an inch smalller.

jetta tdi
By oerub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After 10,000 miles i can't think of a more comfortable car for the money. A little more cabin noise than I expected. Now getting 43-45 mpg on the highway. Great car. Interior definitely showcases german build quality and attention to detail. Transmission is very smooth. Very happy and satisfied with it.

Sound system is great. Transmission is excellent.

A little more insulation for road noise.

it's a no brainer
By klaus

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have 2800 miles on the car and no problems. Drives like a rocket in some RPM ranges and like a donkey in other RPM ranges. You have to get to know this engine, which is a jewell, and that makes it very interesting. Best of all i am averaging 42 miles per gallon and tank up every 2 weeks on a 14.5 gallong tank getting 600 miles per tank. Diesel is at about $2.90 per gallon so that equates to about $38 bucks every two weeks. I drive 50 miles per day plus the usual errands. Love that diesel "Purr" when in heigh gears, it tells me I am in low compsumptionn mode. Blue Tooth is great even without navigation syst. Fit and finnish on paar with Audi, inside and out. Stereo wonderfull.

Engine, Milaege, Bluetooth, fit/finnish.

Better ingress/egress, better cup holders. Typical Germanic choppy ride over un-even pavement......however great steering, Nuetral and centered.

Second Diesel
By Jeff

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I originally purchased the Golf TDI, and returned it. Brought home the TDI Jetta with the DSG. This car comes standard with incredible features. Satellite Radio, and bluetooth are excellent. The DSG shifts very fast, and sport mode makes this car really go when the turbo kicks in. The Golf TDI was a lot more fun to drive, and the sport seats were much better than the leatherette offered in the Jetta. Gas Mileage is great, but the dealer recommended that I do not fill it up with Biodiesel. I have been averaging 30 to 34 mpg in city, and managed 43 mpg on the highway. Also purchased at 0.0% financing. Great Car, but not as much fun as as the Golf.

Bluetooth, Satellite Radio. 16" wheels look nice for a standard feature. Gas mileage! Trunk is huge. Diesel engine is quiet, the DSG is an awesome transmission.

Sport seats would be a nice option. They are only available in the TDI cup. Side pillars are too wide, and the rear window is angled strange. Car has too many blind spots. Wind noise is bad in this car. Much better in the Golf. The golf is a much better all around car. You get more for $

good piece of advice....
By jettaowner

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I had this car for little over a month, 1900miles. Great car....but, I am ready to replace it for regular gasoline. The dealership found already traces of regular gasoline in my fuel system, even I only fueled only 3 times with diesel. You will have hard time finding a good gas station that doesn't mix the cheaper regular gasoline into the more expensive diesel fuel. Be aware, this becomes your problem, warranty doesn't cover this fraud. Replacing fuel system could cost you $6,000.

fuel economy, radio

the climate control knobs are bad, the line marks on the knobs are so bad that it's hard to see while driving what settings you want to pick. terrible design