2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 7

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Better than a Hybrid by far
By AJ on 07/15/10 11:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought the TDI model in May 2010. Mileage is fantastic, at least 42 MPG depending on type of driving. The car is quiet, responsive, and quick "out of the gate." I believe diesel cars are the unsung heroes of the road.

30K
By Jedi on 07/15/10 05:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We picked up this vehicle on Oct. 1st 2009. It is our first VW and we love it. I have a long commute to work and needed a fuel efficient vehicle that will last 2-300,000 miles so we bought a diesel. I drive 90 miles round trip to work. 70% 65 mph up and down hills and 30% city driving. After 30,000 miles we are averaging 42.5 mpg. Winter driving and fuel blend owers the mpg's but the summer is great. Last 5 tanks have all been over 45 mpg and 600+ miles/tank. We've taken it on road trips to see family in Minneapolis and we get 52.1 on our trip. Our best tank was 50.7! So far there have been no problems and we are satisfied thus far.

Hesitation
By Lynne on 07/13/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I am experiencing the hesitation too - to the point that I have almost been hit a few times. So now I wait and not try to cut in traffic.

Hesitation
By Lynne on 07/13/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I just purchased a TDI jetta and love it. However, I have experienced the "hesitation " to the point I have almost been hit a few times. You are right in that you have to come to a complete stop for a few seconds then it seems to be ok, but not if you are in traffic and someone tells you to "go ahead" So now I just wait when I can and let the traffic go ahead

Diesel advantages
By althaFL on 07/04/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Bought the car for the wife but I can't stay out of it. Once you get used to the throttle it is quite peppy and responsive. I can fit in comfortably with some seat adjustments (6'1") 208. Performance is great along with mileage. I have installed AFE cold air intake and Banks performance exhaust which have improved response and mileage, no I am not a kid but the AARP age, just like to improve on a good base. Driving somewhat progressively using sport mode I manage 38 to 40 mpg and blow by hybrids. Best deal I got was $24,200 not inclusive of taxes and title. TDI Sportwagon 6AM, Southern kit, 17's, protection kit, Ipod adapt, body moldings, color White Gold metallic. Less than 2000 miles but happy.

9k Update
By FrankD on 07/01/10 15:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had the car for a little over 4 months and have 9k on it and I still love it. I average 45 mpg combined with 75% highway. I drive 27 mi to work and my highest comp mpg has been 51.7 mpg, coasting and 55-60 mph, typ is 48 mpg.Love the radio and the SmartCard insert.I have the panoramic roof which is great for continuing to watch a bird/plane you first see from the side windows.This car is fast off the line and when you punch it, excellent.Low road noise, great quality, great features and can fit two adults in back comfortably .I have been putting my kayaks on top and love that it is low, I can put my 55-60 lb'ers up by myself from the side .With the panoramic get the VW rack due to low clearance

Happy so far!
By Bronster on 07/01/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

So far, very happy. Granted, I just bought it, so take this for what it is. LOVE the torque! Like the solid/stable feel on the road. My Civic was atrocious in winter and wet conditions, hence I got rid of it. The VW already feels 100% better - winter will be the big test tho. Did I mention that I LOVE the torque?? Interior is very nice. Comfy seats. Sparse on storage cubbyholes, but I can live with that. Less reason for me to put more crap in the car that I don't need. Nice and quiet on the road. Drives very smooth. Will be too easy to get a speeding ticket if I'm not careful, so I appreciate the speed warning (setting) feature! Plenty of power in this car! Great cargo space & stereo.

No regrets
By Macsimone on 06/29/10 22:11 PM (PDT)

I was looking for a hatchback.I checked several makes. I really liked the GTI. Then tried the TDI Golf. Fuel economy displaced the GTI fun factor. As I was dealing on a TDI Golf I tried the TDI Sportswagen. It just felt smoother than the Golf, so I bought a TDI JSW with DSG. No paddle shifting like on the GTI and TDI Golf, but the extra room, smoother ride and great handling made up the difference, no regrets. I have a MB AMG E55 and BMW 335 hardtop convert, so I have transport options. The JSW gets the most use. It is one of those cars you hop in and just go and go and go. It is getting 45 mpg using D and S and manually shifting when I want more involvement. Diesel $ still less than premium.

TDI2FLY
By Dzldorf on 06/29/10 07:57 AM (PDT)

This by far the most practical vehicle purchase Iíve made. I think keeping things in perspective is essential when reviewing a vehicle. Yes, it is called a SportWagon but it does not mean, racetrack ready. It is a perfect vehicle for people with an active lifestyle. You want a more rigid suspension buy the Golf TDI and if you want even more practical sports car buy the GTI. For a wagon this car hits the nail right on the head.

No regrets
By bodyshopboy on 06/21/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

Traded an '04 Acura TL for the Sport Wagon in search of better gas mileage and flexibility of a wagon. I think this is one of the best engines out there, plenty of power, good mileage (34 mpg on a commute where the TL got 19) It handles as well or better than the TL. Purchased it with Navi, SMG, Ipod and panoramic sunroof. The Navi is not a great value as it doesn't include other technology upgrades like advanced Bluetooth. It is, however well integrated and displays turn-by-turn in the instrument cluster. Bluetooth is OK, but I miss using voice commands to dial the phone (The TL was better in this regard) It is answer- answer using steering wheel buttons.