Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

hybrid killer
By Anonymous

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Remarkable, comfortable, economical and extremely competent vehicle. We have over 4000 miles on it and always get about 41+mpg per tank. On individual trips the mileage will vary. Last week commuting to school my wife got 47.3 mpg on her 120 mile round trip. The car is very comfortable with typical supportive German seats. The car feels a lot like the older Mercedes we have owned in the past. So far there have been no maintenance issues at all. Very reliable and fun to drive. The trunk is huge and square shaped so packing is easy and convenient. There is nothing negative about this vehicle at all. For 26,116 dollars you can get one great ride and it does not have a 300 Pound toxic waste dump battery

Favorite Features

The engine and trans combination is great. As is the Sat radio, the seats,the trunk space.....everything about the car is done right and well. Our Verizon phones both hooked up and our phone books loaded right in. 40+ mpg all the time is SUPERB. There is nothing negative about this vehicle. Buy it!!

Suggested Improvements

Make the side mirrors an inch bigger in width and height,need more storage in the console area such as a cell phone slot.The dimmer switch for the interior/dash lights needs to be able to dim some more. At night the sat radio screen is too bright.Put the fuel filler on the left side.

Green Car
By jasper933

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Very satisfied with the Jetta TDI. The drive (on dry pavement), comfort, and fuel economy are outstanding. Good green car and alternative to a hybrid. One can tell it is a diesel on a cold morning. When temperature is below 30, the car does sound like a diesel truck. The car does not handle well in snow. Does not have good traction.

Favorite Features

The fuel economy puts a hybrid to shame. I am averaging 48 MPG on the highway. Great they added Sirius radio to the TDI. Really like the MPG monitoring. Like the heated seats. Bluetooth integrates well with a T-Mobile phone, interesting.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic switching from daytime running lights to night lights. Lack of tone control on the radio. Still not sure about reliability.

I am stocked
By ggeeoo

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have not drove a VW since my brothers VW transporter in 1972 trip to Baja Mexico. We bought a clean Diesel TDI Jetta wagon I have drove 280 miles and my tank is still 1/2 full. I had to junk my 11 year old Buick Park Ultra Sedan. The steering collapsed. I am a big guy 6' 4" the Jetta fits me great. Leg room elbow comfort, hip space head room comfy seats. Lots of electronics the radio and speakers are concert hall quality. I can put my entire CD collection on one 4gb flash card and plays the all. Next year a HOMELINK feature would be good. I love it what a nice car. After reading the history I did not know the British ran the company.

Favorite Features

Comfort head rest, Elbow rests in the door water storage in door. The radio. The intelligent wipers. Power as the MPG,White on White interior and exterior panoramic roof so much light.

Suggested Improvements

Homelink and more storage in the dash.

You gotta drive this car
By love the v dub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

being 42 yr old driver I have had several new and used cars in my lifetime to this point. By far this car is a blast to drive handles like my old 280 zx but gets 40+ miles to the gallon. acceleration,cornering and all around performance is top notch . Interior is well laid out the seat could be a slight touch larger but are comfortable more sporty than plush. All in all if the expected reliability is what its supposed to be I can see myself still driving this car in 7 years from now. And what I save a month on gasoline from not driving my pick up it is just about 3/4 of my car payment

Favorite Features

DSG transmission sport regular auto or tip tronic. The built in controls in steering wheel phone stereo and trip computer all at your finger tips.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the puddle lights and key acess to the truck from the outside. And when you say a full size spare make it the FULL SIZE not an inch smalller.

jetta tdi
By oerub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After 10,000 miles i can't think of a more comfortable car for the money. A little more cabin noise than I expected. Now getting 43-45 mpg on the highway. Great car. Interior definitely showcases german build quality and attention to detail. Transmission is very smooth. Very happy and satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Transmission is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

A little more insulation for road noise.