50,000 mile review for 2010 TDI
By amyalternate on
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I've owned the TDI for 50,000 miles and I have had no problems. The car gets better than 42 mpg's as I drive between 55 and 60. I bought my car on July 30th, the last day of the government $1,200 tax rebate scheme, and the car was manufactured in May, so any early production bugs were probably all worked out. I want to keep the car for another 200,000 miles, let us see how that goes.
Favorite Features
The torque power for the money I paid for the car is the best car deal. I drove at least 7 other competitors and the TDI won hands down.
Suggested Improvements
It is still hard to estimate where the back end of the car really is when backing up. I ALWAYS think I am a foot closer than I really am. HUGE blind spots where the back window meets the rear window. The large piece of car seems to block my entire view of the road. I use my mirrors but I am always spending way too much time looking behind me - this is because more than once I almost hit people who I couldn't see. My old Saturn, 180,000 miles no issues sold for $1,000, had perfect visibility and I dearly miss that.