Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love this car
By amanda may

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! 2010 jetta wolfsburg preforms and handles awesome! Gas milage is average for this class and design is on point! I love the touchscreen that comes standard on the wolfsburg and the new interior redesign for 2010 is amazing. I really preferred this model over the 2011 ( felt cheap and like they cut LOTS of corners to get the price down). This is my second jetta, so I know the german cars require maintenance to be able to last ( like all good things) but I don't mind it for the driving experience. Great Job VW!

Touchscreen display, heated seats, sunroof, turbo

none so far!

2010 Jetta LE 1 Month review
By todddr

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Have had this car for 1 month. I quite like it for the price; I turned out around $23k for the LE with sunroof and a few other extras. A friend told me the Jetta was a "poor man's BMW." Well, I used to own a BMW 3-series, and overall value for the VW has impressed me so far. For slightly over half the BMW price I have a German car...granted built in Mexico...but a good solid feel and ride. Decent power, and cruises the freeway at 90 mph quite well. Some reviews mention poor braking--I don't get that impression. Also, some other reviews mention engine noise; I don't find it "noisy" at all...a little growl that I kinda like.

Interior feels "upper class." Sport mode on DSG autotrans is kinda fun. Like the adjustable center arm rest.

Setup of cruise control switch on turn signal is both nice and a pain at times. Not sure I like the DRL/headlight setup.

First Time Volkswagen Owner
By Andy Jordan

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

1st time owner of a VW product and I am satisfied so far. The first 2 noticeable advantages I have experienced have been the excellent handling on the road and the precise braking. The visibility from this car is great - I feel I am sitting in an SUV instead of a compact car.

Blue Tooth Technology, Comfortable seating, heated washer fluid dispenser,

Less noise from the engine, more storage space for CDs and sunglasses, better fuel economy for the size.

I am a VW driver forever!
By Co

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love the car--it's spunky and reliable. I get better mileage than advertised: 28-33 mpg. It's VERY well built! Makes me happy to drive it. I love my VW! And the dealer was great to work with me, great price, great interest rate, excellent trade in and upgrades.

How cute it is.

Great value and fun to drive too!
By Steve

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just leased the 2010 LE automatic last week. I have to admit this is one fun car to drive. Fit and finish are on par with BMW and Mercedes. I just came off of a 5 series BMW lease, and my wife drives a 300 AWL Benz. I actually prefer the ride of the Jetta to the Benz. Not quite a challenge to the BMW's handling and performance, but for less than half the price it's a pretty good trade off. The cabin is extremely quiet, even over rough pavement, and the car corners through turns very confidently with just modest body roll. Acceleration is reasonably quick. The car has a heftier feel to it which belies it's actual weight. This translates into what feels like a more substantial road presence.

The LE offering is flush with all the necessary safety features and creature comforts. If you prefer a NAV system, a better stereo, or larger alloys you can always move up to the SEL. The Jetta LE is just a solidly built car with benefits. VW's July incentive program make this one a no brainer.

Front seat thigh supports could present a problem for a wider bodied individual, as they are rather restrictive and limit freedom of movement. Viewed the 2011 model and hope VW rethinks it's decision to cheapen the car. The new design looks very generic, and in my opinion loses much it's appeal.