2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Efficient and Fun
By AlexV on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Loaded with extras, sunroof, excellent handling, great mileage, dealer incentives, bluetooth hands-free, ipod connection...what's not to love. Hopefully, reliability is not an issue.

Love My TDI!
By TurboTDI on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Got my Jetta TDI a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop smiling when driving it and I can't stop looking up more info on what others say about their love for the TDI. Wanted a Sportswagen but the great deal I got on the sedan was unbeatable - 0% financing for 66 months fro VW Credit. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Emich VW in Denver. My wife and two sons love going on drives with me. Hoping winter driving in it goes well, but have heard good reports (used to driving 4wheeldrives). Thank you VW for all of the fun, safety, performance, MPGs! My 3rd VW in 26 years. Can't beat the enjoyment of all of my v-dubs.

The right car after a long search.
By Stryrker on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I was looking for a car with good fuel efficiency, comfortable to travel home from Minneapolis to Bismarck, and room for bicycles in the summer and 210cm cross country skis in the winter. Crash safety was also very important. After narrowing it down to the Jetta and a Subaru Impreza, I chose the Jetta. The manual is a much more tricky than any I've ever used, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. Expect to kill the engine now and again. There's tons of space in the trunk. It is better than hatchback versions of the Subaru and Mazda3 I drove in terms of space and ski/bike fit. The seats are very comfortable, and I fit well in the driver's area. Good visibility.

Hybrid & SUV killer
By Jake's Dad on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

When my old XTerra wore out I started shoping for a replacement and couldn't find a small-medium SUV that I liked and the fuel mileage was bad in all of them. Then I stumbled accross the Jetta sportwagon TDI. I liked the specs and the looks were ok, but it was the test drive that sold me within the 1st minute. After 3 months and 4500 miles I haven't looked back once. The only problem is that my wife and I are always fighting for the Jetta. Her accord sits in the garge most of the time.

Fun & practical !
By Martin on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I've always been a big fan of VW. The Jetta TDI is great to drive, sporty, yet allows to pack loads of stuff for the family. Thought the fuel economy of the TDI would be a bit better - you'll have to do very conservative driving to do the 1200 km per tank they advertise! Biggest dissapointment: Comfort. I haven't been able to find a comfortable position for long driving, and my son is only 5'9" and he has no head clearance at the back. I think the seats in the Golf are much better. Overall, it is a great car (can't beat the VW handling...) for sporty driving. I just wished they'd come up with better seat configuration.

Fun plus fuel efficient
By Andy on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Purchased a manual transmission tdi wagon in late august. Have owned a diesel rabbit back in the 70's, since then nothing but hondas and volvos. Vw has hit a home run with the jetta sportwagen. Fun to drive, great gearing, 40+ mpg since day one. Decided to purchase when vw finally had incentives on the diesel (1.9%) plus the tax credit. Hope it lasts like my hondas and volvos. So far no complaints, and pleasure to drive. Looking forward to how it handles snow this winter.

Sport utility for people who love cars
By roady-m on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fantastic car. Was always a fan of VW quality and driving dynamics, though got spooked into Asian cars a few years ago due to reliability woes. This car, though, with its perfect combination of driving dynamics, utility, efficiency, build quality, and understated good looks called me with her siren song. Improving VW reliability of late, tax credit, and great price made it irresistible. Traded in a Honda Civic, which was bullet proof, though tired of driving an appliance. Feels great to be enjoying German driving experience again. Avg 32 mpg in town, 45 on the hwy.

Love it, but one regret
By bodyshopboy on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

3 months and 3000 miles later and what a great little car! Fun to drive, 45 mpg highway (cruise on 69) overall average of 35 mpg +. Flexibility of a wagon is great. Ipod integration nice, if a little slow at times. Had I known that the navi system was navi only, no upgrade on the bluetooth, I may have thought twice about this option. VW has a bluetooth "Low" and "High" and the JSW TDI is low, so no voice dial or phone book import. Presented upgrade instructions found on line to the dealer and they offered to swap in the 9W3 unit for a mere $600 or so ($465 control unit, $25 for the antenna, 80 labor). They were as accommodative as could be, so no hard feelings... Oh well, live and learn

Fun, efficient, solid.
By Steve on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Well, only a few weeks in my Jetta TDI, but so far I love it. With the manual 6-speed it is fun to drive, especially between 2d and 5th gear, but even in 6th at 70mph on the highway, there is plenty of "go" to move around in traffic. And my first three tanks of diesel I am AVERAGING 41.5 mpg (I drive about70/30 hwy/city). And with the seats down, yesterday I put my daughters bike in the trunk without taking any wheels off, so what's not to like.....

do not buy a jetta with navigation
By jetta owner on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

the car runs well and gets great mileage, but the navigation system does not have all the maps and does not connect to the phone (despite phone buttons). i am most annoyed because all VW customer service says is to talk to navteq and buy new, several hundred dollar, map upgrades. very poor customer service in my opinion. minor gripe, but there is a noticable delay with the horn.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel in VA is:

$109 per month*