Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

So Far So Good
By JF

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We did a lot of research when the dust settled it was down to the new Ford Focus, the Honda Civic Hybrid and the Insight. Why the Jetta TDI well it doesnít feel like a small car has a nice ride with lots of safety features that goes a long way on a tank of fuel. Just hope the dependability will be as good as the driving experience has a lot of punch that comes in handy when needed. Itís not a luxury car but itís nicely equipped youíll not think of it as little car. Heritage VW of South AL didnít try all the dealer sells tricks nice to deal with, thank you.

Bluetooth, driving feedback total miles, time and MPG, Handles very well, comfortable seating, sunroof, crazy mileage that turbo power to pass anytime and where.

Donít care for the gas access being on the passengerís side of the car.

Concerned owner
By SR

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my first vw. I bought it because I thought I will keep the car for ever since I know diesel engines last forever. Also MPG is a huge plus. Shortly after I bought the car I started to see reports about HPFP failures and the way company is blaming them on contaminated fuel! These cars are in the market for only two years and they have less than 30- 40K mileage on them and they are failing! If US diesel fuel is so bad why VW introduced these new engine? Everybody is talking how clean these are but how good they would be if they fail after few thousand miles? The sad part is VW has not issues any answer why HPFP is failing. I bought this car to travel cross country and have fun not concern!

MPG

VW needs to explain why HPFP is failing? Since they are defective, they should be extend the warranty for the expected life of the engine. If they believe their engine is relaible and last few hundred thousand miles like other diesel engine, extend the HPFP warranty to that extend.

Jetta Sportwagon TDI
By tom az

This is a great, practical car for the money. For a fuel sipping economy car it has great acceleration from 0-50 then looses its oomph. Takes on the AZ mountains with no problems. Mileage averages have been City 32-35mpg, Hwy 40-48, overall after 5000 miles 35mpg. Cargo area has plenty of room especially with the rear seat cushions folded forward. Only complaints are some minor creature comfort issues, lack of storage and excessive road noise. Also, the ipod interface is useless, it takes forever to scroll through the ipod menu as if the stereo needs more memory.

Overall value, great fuel economy, solid build quality, cargo room, sunroof, ergonomics

more interior storage (sunglass holder, cell phone, center console, etc...), automated headlights, dual climate control, sound insulation, better ipod interface and sound system, option for rear view camera

Better than a Hybrid by far
By AJ

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought the TDI model in May 2010. Mileage is fantastic, at least 42 MPG depending on type of driving. The car is quiet, responsive, and quick "out of the gate." I believe diesel cars are the unsung heroes of the road.

I like the interior design, very functional, well thought out, and made with quality materials. Large trunk with real spare tire (no donut).

My only gripe are the leatherette seats- -which means they are really vinyl. Vinyl gets very hot in summer, colder in winter than leather, and does not breath well. I would have preferred cloth seating to vinyl.

30K
By Jedi

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We picked up this vehicle on Oct. 1st 2009. It is our first VW and we love it. I have a long commute to work and needed a fuel efficient vehicle that will last 2-300,000 miles so we bought a diesel. I drive 90 miles round trip to work. 70% 65 mph up and down hills and 30% city driving. After 30,000 miles we are averaging 42.5 mpg. Winter driving and fuel blend owers the mpg's but the summer is great. Last 5 tanks have all been over 45 mpg and 600+ miles/tank. We've taken it on road trips to see family in Minneapolis and we get 52.1 on our trip. Our best tank was 50.7! So far there have been no problems and we are satisfied thus far.

Mileage, styling (I think the 2010 are better looking that the 2011), sunroof, quiet ride, interior, touch screen satellite radio (after the first year you can usually talk Sirius into giving you a deal to keep it going), the wife likes the heated seats I don't use them

Drives seat could be more comfortable. I spend 1-2 hours in the car everyday and the seat can get uncomfortable, support pillar is large and obstructive-if you are taller and have the seat back quite a ways it's hard to look over your shoulder, head rests are a bit big and don't fit my neck