Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love it, but one regret
By bodyshopboy

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

3 months and 3000 miles later and what a great little car! Fun to drive, 45 mpg highway (cruise on 69) overall average of 35 mpg +. Flexibility of a wagon is great. Ipod integration nice, if a little slow at times. Had I known that the navi system was navi only, no upgrade on the bluetooth, I may have thought twice about this option. VW has a bluetooth "Low" and "High" and the JSW TDI is low, so no voice dial or phone book import. Presented upgrade instructions found on line to the dealer and they offered to swap in the 9W3 unit for a mere $600 or so ($465 control unit, $25 for the antenna, 80 labor). They were as accommodative as could be, so no hard feelings... Oh well, live and learn

Fun to drive, great gas mileage, comfortable. Steering wheel controls, integrated info screen between the speedo and tach. SMG is smooth as silk. Turbo whooosh when you step on it.

memory mirrors and seats, make the Navi a better value by including the bluetooth high functionality, esp. given the price of the option.

Fun, efficient, solid.
By Steve

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Well, only a few weeks in my Jetta TDI, but so far I love it. With the manual 6-speed it is fun to drive, especially between 2d and 5th gear, but even in 6th at 70mph on the highway, there is plenty of "go" to move around in traffic. And my first three tanks of diesel I am AVERAGING 41.5 mpg (I drive about70/30 hwy/city). And with the seats down, yesterday I put my daughters bike in the trunk without taking any wheels off, so what's not to like.....

Fuel economy and low-end torque.

The Bluetooth phonebook connection is lame.

do not buy a jetta with navigation
By jetta owner

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

the car runs well and gets great mileage, but the navigation system does not have all the maps and does not connect to the phone (despite phone buttons). i am most annoyed because all VW customer service says is to talk to navteq and buy new, several hundred dollar, map upgrades. very poor customer service in my opinion. minor gripe, but there is a noticable delay with the horn.

Never thought I'd love a wagon :)
By Makr

2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - Candy White, Black Interior, 6-speed. My wife wanted something with room and good gas mileage(not easy to find, as you may already know). I wanted something fun to drive. BAM! VW has the perfect solution. We've only got a little over 1K miles, but this car is great and grows on me more every day. 6-speed is a blast to drive, does not feel like a station wagon at all. Plenty of room for us, our daughter w/ car seat, 2 dogs and luggage on last road trip. What a great feeling to look down and see that you're cruising along at 75+ mph and getting 42+ mpg!! We plan on keeping this car for a LONG time...thanks VW!

Fit and Finish, MPG, Low End Torque, Room In Trunk, Drivers Seat and Positioning, Touch Screen Radio, Leather Steering Wheel, 17" Wheels.

Better Interface w/ Ipod (can be a bit awkward to find a particular song), slightly more leg room in back seat....that's really about it, the rest of car is great.

tdi fun to drive
By brad

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Did a lot of checking on many cars such as focus,civic and camery. After driving all of them so glad I went with the Tdi jetta. Has more pick up handles better then all the rest on the list and I am getting 42mpg going to and from work and one third of that is in the city.Inside the sound system is great. Love the seating and trunk space is great. You will love this car

The MPG getting over 600 miles per tank