Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

So disappointed I traded it in within a month
By greyhounds3

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon SportWagen SE PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am a 4-time VW owner (Fox, old Jetta, new Jetta, Touareg), so I was eager for a reasonably priced wagon that gets great fuel economy. The vehicle was not fully explained to me at the dealership and I never would have bought it if it had been. The transmission is so incredibly jerky and when the car shifts gears, you actually jerk along with it. The brakes are so tight that they are shockingly sudden. I never had this before in my VWs. The seats are so uncomfortable that I feel like I am sitting on rocks, which could have been less expensive. I have needed to see a massage therapist and chiropractor due to these seats. I am petite-maybe someone taller can tolerate these seats.

Favorite Features

I love the manual feature of the Jetta Wagen. Driving it manual actually is a lot less jerky than driving it in automatic transmission. The bluetooth is clear and loud.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are ungodly uncomfortable. I am 5'2" and nothing under the sun could make me comfortable in these seats. I have seen a massage therapist and chiropractor after sitting in this car for a month. The transmission is awful and jerky while changing gears. The brakes are so tight and jerky that my dogs were flying around the cargo area when I would brake.

Practical and Fun
By MIJetta

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

They had me at the heated seats and panoramic sunroof. With the roof all the way open and windows down, it feels like a convertible--without any of the hassle. Would have liked TDI mileage without the added expense, but have gone from 25 MPG new to 30 MPG overall at 8,000 miles. It is sporty yet spacious enough to seat 5 people, or a bicycle, with the rear seats folded down. The right-angle holders with Velcro bases for the matted cargo area -- very clever! They hold things in place and can be tailored to whatever you put there--not one size fits all. Many well-considered details make the car a pleasure to own.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sunroof, heated seats, lumbar support, electronic stability, roomy and versatile cargo space, so many wonderful features come standard.

Suggested Improvements

Better fresh air circulation; design with a little less of a station wagon look.

Great Little wagon
By wagon wheels

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon SportWagen SE 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great Wagon without looking too much like a wagon. Feels sporty, very comfortable, awesome touch screen stereo. Has the new Jetta look inside and out. Feels very solid. Excellent gas miles, just enough room without having to get a huge SUV. Do not over looked this hidden gem.

Favorite Features

Dash, stereo blue tooth

Suggested Improvements

full pwr drivers seat,auto dim mirror and fog lights