2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Import Quality Without Import Price
By kjfpottery on 03/31/14 15:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We fell in love with the Jetta's solid build and peppy drivetrain during the test drive. Purchased at 37,000 miles, we now have 100,000 with absolutely no problems. We maintain it well and expect to enjoy this car for another 100,000 miles. Parts and labor could be expensive, but it is rarely needing either so it is no matter. I highly recommend the 2010 Jetta 2.5L inline 5 cylinder!

Get one.
By dtshanka on 08/06/13 21:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My first foreign car and now I'm a VW fan. Don't listen to others just test drive one for yourself.

Great car, not great fuel economy
By tiguan2012 on 01/20/13 21:24 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car at a used car sale by our credit union. Had no intention of buying a Jetta but took a test drive and I was sold. My previous car was a Volvo S60, before an A4, so I was used to a European car. The Jetta was a lot less expensive than the Volvo or the Audi but the ride was comparable. I owned this car for about 18 months before moving to a VW Tiguan but had no problems with it.

Update - clutch failed at 20k miles
By on 06/01/12 12:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I tried to add this as a comment to my previous review, but the site was not cooperating. But, I would be remiss not to provide an update on the resolution. VW did agree to pay for the repair as a courtesy, acknowledging that it was an unexpected failure to have it happen so soon. I must admit I was pretty shocked when they told me that, but pleasantly so. While I am still disappointed that the clutch failed so soon, I must applaud VW for doing right by me and standing by the car.

Clutch failed at 20k miles
By on 05/31/12 08:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

At 20k miles, the clutch completely burned up. Smoke, burning smell, the whole deal. VW says the clutch is a "wear and tear" item, like tires or brakes, and thus it is not covered under my 3 yr/36k "worry free" new car warranty. The repair cost quoted by the dealer is $2400. I am an experienced manual driver and have never burned out a clutch before. My previous Jetta (1998) went over 160k on the original clutch before I traded it in. But, VW insists this is caused by the driver and not the part. I actually really loved this car until the clutch failed. But after having that happen, I'm not sure I could buy another one.

Love it!!
By gyrlfr50 on 05/13/12 16:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love my Jetta, I bought it used with 50,000 miles, Its fun to drive and so far great on Gas! I have only had it for a week. So far so good!! I'm very happy with it.

U can take it to the bank!
By ussoldier73 on 04/26/12 00:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

What a car! My girlfriend's BMW and my VW are almost the same. Honestly I couldn't beleive it myself. I have to say my girlfriends car is three years older than mine. I couldn't be more happy with the Jetta. It has the power of a sports car, the handling of a luxuray car and the price speaks for itself. I read the reveiws and a couple of the neg. feedback contradict themselfves. I don't know of many cars that hold their value like the jetta. One person comiplained of repair cost mind you VW agreed to share after their warranty expired. I have not owned a better car for the price. My next car will be a new VW Jetta. I drove from NYC to Florida for 90 dollars. Five Star car no doubt. A steal!

Great Jetta!
By jvg2727 on 04/12/12 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had my Jetta for almost two years and close to 40,000 miles. I have yet to pay for an oil change or other maintenance and have had absolutely no problems or complaints with the vehicle. Thus far, it has been far cheaper and more fun to own than the 2007 Honda Civic it replaced. Although I have a DSG service coming up, VW has provided me with the expense in advance, as well as a maintenance/oil change schedule and pricing of every service needed. I am very very pleased with this car, the reliability, comfort, style and feel. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend.

2010 2.5
By jamescrane on 01/29/12 18:41 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

put car in reverse backed up then went forward it would die. took car to dealer they said it was in my head. i bought this car new with 12 miles on it. i traded it in because of the mechanical issue. really nice to drive but cant be making payments on somthing that dies when you put it in drive out of the factory.

Maintenance Nightmare
By ianr25 on 07/31/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Car has less than 13K have had to bring back to dealer 3 times for faulty engine pressure sensor, problems with changing radio stations, playing cd's the leather trim around the steering wheel is coming apart and the trip odometer is broken! Have a friend who had the same car and said she had to bring it to Volkswagen 3 times for the same problem. Car is horrible over major potholes. However i must admit everything else aside it is fun to drive and everyone who gets in it is impressed

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in NJ is:

$248 per month*