Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Worst experience ever
By awfulcar1

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car was nothing but trouble starting at about 4,000 miles. Had I known the Lemon Law existed, it would have qualified and I wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars on a car that is worthless and countless repairs. I was informed by a dealership GM when I traded in my car that VW does about 70+% of their business through lease because they are known to have so many problems. Problems included radio malfunction, faulty light sensors, sunroof malfunction, lock malfunction, keyless entry malfunction, faulty fan sensor (killing the battery), faulty fuse panel, faulty ignition (burning spark plugs and very dangerous), rough starts, faulty alternator, engine stalling, and Bluetooth lawsuit.

Suggested Improvements

Improve cheap electrical engineering and take ownership for problems with an awful product.

Great car
By bryols19

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I personally don't have an issue with this car. I upgraded from a 2003 vw golf 2.0 which was a great car but lacked power. I love my 2010 2.5 jetta. I have over 76,000 miles on it, car has never given me a problem. Its not the top of the line model but I'm fine the engine, powerful enough for me. **Note** there was an engine software upgrade for the gas mileage... from personal experience the car has good gas mileage but I honestly think I had better gas mileage before the software update, I was getting well over 400miles before and now after its more 350-370miles in the city. HWY I can go from VA BEACH to waterbury CT on one tank of gas. 451 miles doing 70-75mph. I'm not complaining.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, AUX, design of the exterior, handles snow well, driving in the rain the car handles very well in rainy or slick conditions doesn't get thrown around like other cars. (granted good tires are key but compared to my other cars this one I'd rather drive in those conditions )

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be a smidge wider, Bluetooth, sunroof upgrades would've been nicer. (bought the base)

Import Quality Without Import Price
By kjfpottery

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We fell in love with the Jetta's solid build and peppy drivetrain during the test drive. Purchased at 37,000 miles, we now have 100,000 with absolutely no problems. We maintain it well and expect to enjoy this car for another 100,000 miles. Parts and labor could be expensive, but it is rarely needing either so it is no matter. I highly recommend the 2010 Jetta 2.5L inline 5 cylinder!

Favorite Features

Solid seating and sporty handling!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is somewhat sacrificed with its peppy drivetrain. We get 27mpg max highway.

Get one.
By dtshanka

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My first foreign car and now I'm a VW fan. Don't listen to others just test drive one for yourself.

Favorite Features

Red exterior Red lights inside with the tan interior. Sun roof Comfort of a drive. Very maneuverable in tight places. Quiet

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room

Great car, not great fuel economy
By tiguan2012

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car at a used car sale by our credit union. Had no intention of buying a Jetta but took a test drive and I was sold. My previous car was a Volvo S60, before an A4, so I was used to a European car. The Jetta was a lot less expensive than the Volvo or the Audi but the ride was comparable. I owned this car for about 18 months before moving to a VW Tiguan but had no problems with it.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I do a lot of around town trips and never could seem to get more than 21 MPG which was a disappointment.