Well built car that is fun to drive also
By jet25s on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I have had the car for three months and it has been good to me as a daily commuter car. The engine pulls hard from the low rpm range and the manual transmission shifts very smoothly but with assurance. The suspension is dialed between comfort and handling so it is not very cushy but it has more body roll than I would like. It feels as quick as my 2500lb Miata in the straight line acceleration. I have autocrossed the Jetta and it pleasantly surprised me in its stock form with the all season tires. The rear view mirror developed a crack this morning when the heat came on when it was frozen. I am hoping it will be covered under warranty...
Favorite Features
1. Standard heated seats! 2. Smooth revving capable 5 cylinder engine. 3. Very quick rear defroster. 4. Clean and ergonomic interior layout. 5. Standard Heated exterior mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
1. The seat bottom is tilted back too far so it is uncomfortable on my lower thigh area when making gear shifts. I had to add metal bushings under the rear bolt holes of the seat rails to raise the rear end. 2. The radio reception is bad. 3. Put thicker sway bars and reduce the body roll.