Very Impressed
By John T. on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I've just passed 6000 miles and I really enjoy this vehicle. I see no drawbacks from the diesel -- except that diesel is a about a dollar more a gallon than gas these days. I spend a lot less time at the gas pump -- I get over 500 miles on a tank and I put in less than 13 gallons a fill-up. The DSG transmission is well matched to the engine and the throttle response is smooth and powerful enough to inspire confidence for all merging and passing situations. The steering and road feel is good, and it takes the road bumps well. All in all I'm very happy with this car to date.
Favorite Features
The performance of the engine and transmission, and its fuel economy. Easy to drive and park. Has a relatively small outer envelope but has all the room needed inside. Fit and finish are good inside and out.
Suggested Improvements
Should have automatic headlights--I've forgotten to turn them off at night several times. No trailer hitch/lights are available for this vehicle. Steering wheel stereo controls would be nice. Sunroof should be available with full interior sun-shield.