2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Upscale German Car at an Affor

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Upscale German Car at an Affordable Price
By Mark056 on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This has been a fun car to own and drive since I purchased it on 4/30/09 with about 55K miles so far. I love the handling and performance, plus the general comfort level of the interior. After driving a Buick Century for the last seven years, it was nice to get back into something that wasn't like driving an overstuffed pillow ! I have the basic "S" model, the only upgrade belong an automatic transmission and I really love this car. Even the basic model is so well equipped that I do not feel that I am driving a basic model. I recommend this car to anyone who respects and admires German engineering whose budget precludes an Audi or BMW. This car is a winner.

I love the basic sound system, the handling characteristics and the safety features which make this car one of the safest on the highway, also the Sport Mode in the automatic transmission can give the car a little extra "oomph" when it is needed.

I think the cabin could be a soundproofed a little better, and the air conditioner while adequate for Northeast US summers could work a little faster and get just a tad cooler, but this is not a big deal. Considering all the features, I'd like to automatic headlights on and off as a standard feature