2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - TDI lives up to billing

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

TDI lives up to billing
By LovinTDI on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We have owned our YDI Jetta for 2 months and have nothing but great things to say about it. The mileage has been 42 MPG average with about 60/40 highway/city driving. Neither my wife or I really try too hard with the mileage so I feel that those are good numbers. The car itself is very comfortable and has many creature comforts not seen in other "Fuel Misers". We went through Costco Auto Buying Program which was very stress free and we got dealer invoice which with the $1300 tax credit is less then a similarly equipped Prius and no batteries to worry about down the road. We are x3 VW owners and have had good lluck with the reliability so we'll see in a few years and 100000 mi.

Favorite Features

Up to 50 MPG on the highway so far! Good safe and comfortable eco-friendly car without shouting "I am trying to be eco-friendly"! Sirius Radio, Heated seats, I-Pod hook up, big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Put the 170 HP euro spec models and the handling package from the TDI cup cars as an option.