2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: TDI Convert

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Convert
By AGL on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Call me a convert! I ditched my 07 Chevy Tahoe for some TDI fun. I waited several months for a TDI sport wagon and it was worth the wait. This car is a joy to drive and the mileage is fantastic. I drove a friend's hybrid Camry, and a Prius, before testing the TDI. There is simply no comparison. Toyota's hybrids are great at what they do, but I couldn't imagine driving one on a daily basis. This is my first VW, and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the diesel option in the new Tiguan so my wife can have a little fun. Zipping around town in the Jetta is loads of fun, and I am looking forward to my first road trip.

Mileage. Diesel torque, responsiveness. Amazing 6 speed automatic transmission. This car is an engineering marvel. Stylish, comfortable interior with intuitive controls. Good passenger and cargo room. Good sound system with CD changer. Mileage of a hybrid with the fun of a sports car.

Make more of them! 2.0 diesel powerplant should be available in other models. Poor communication between VW production and dealers.