2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Love'in my new SportWagon

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SportWagen S Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love'in my new SportWagon
By Mike on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was really wanting something affordable, but the Rabbit's were too small and the Jetta's were a bit boring. The SportWagon was perfect because it was affordable ($20 k)and very cool and different looking. It's one of the few cars you can drive that is truly unique. The quality of the materials is amazing for such an affordable car. It's definitely not as boss as my wife's Passat (4 cylinder turbo), but for the price is fantastic. I recommend the manual transmission to avoid the slight delay on take off found in other V-dubs. This should be anyone's list who wants a beautiful, roomy, fuel efficient, fun to drive car. Nothing compares to it for the price.

The exterior design is awesome. The stereo rocks. Very, very solid feel. Runs very smooth. Steering feel is outstanding.

Cross bars on the roof rack would be cool. You can get them from the dealer however. I'm expecting a pair for my birthday actually - at least I dropped that hint several times already. No other suggestions.