My TDI Eats Hybrids For Lunch
By pgallagh on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I love this car!! Been driving a 94 Honda Accord forever (231K miles), and finally decided to treat myself to a newer car. Love my TDI Loyal edition. Bought it one week ago used w/31K miles and it has been fantastic. First day on my 120 roundrip commute got 46mpg and have avg. 41.6 since owning it. You'd never know it was a Diesel. Too bad USA automakers are too stupid to realize the DIESEL is the future!!! When I see Toyota, Ford, Honda advertise their cars get 32mpg (which is good), I shake my head knowing that I consistently beat that by 10mpg regardless of where I am driving. And no darn haz-mat battery to replace with a Hybrid. GO GET ONE WHILE THEY ARE STILL AROUND!!!!
Favorite Features
Tight suspension; sunroof; excellent MPG. Fun, fun and more fun to drive. 6spd manual is great (although after driving a 5spd manual for 15 years, I often forget I have a 6th gear). Torque is great for when you're already moving on the freeway - pass cars with ease.
Suggested Improvements
Full power seats; fog lamps; better radio (speakers good though a litte tinny). Sun-visors too short. Looks a little too much like a Corolla from the back.