Love my TDI with DSG
By Miles on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I bought my '09 Jetta TDI sedan in January and I just passed 10K miles a few weeks ago. Recently took it in for the FREE 10K service, which is a nice plus, as the '09 comes with 36K no charge service. So far I love it! The ride is smooth, somewhat tight, and very easy to handle. Acceleration is phenomenal considering the mpg. The diesel is quiet but has a nice exhaust note when pushed. Fit and finish are near perfect. The seats are very comfortable but not soft and cushy. The dash is clean and un-cluttered. Plenty of room for even the tallest drivers, but a smallish back seat. The trunk is decent size and pass through storage is handy.
Favorite Features
The DSG transmission is fantastic and fun to drive. In sport mode it's really fast, but I usually keep it in D for better mpg. Downshifts while breaking on downhills. Fuel mileage is awesome. Rated at 30/40, I average 38 in mixed driving, and easily get 44 on long trips. Sirius Radio
Suggested Improvements
Driver seat has power backrest but the rest is manual. An all-power seat would be nice. B pillar is large and blocks my peripheral vision, creating a blind spot. Headlights stay on when you turn the car off and remove the key. It would be nice if they went off. Storage room is limited.