Jetta TDI owner for 21 days
By St. Louis Jetta Girl on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
This is the first car I have owned that isn't American. I struggled to find a happy medium with price, high fuel mileage & satisfaction with the size/interior of a new car. My Ford was 10 years old & I wanted the next car to last that long. After lots of online research & many test drives, I wanted a '09 Jetta TDI in theory, but needed to drive one once they hit the street. It was love at first drive. The car is substantial, feels solid, not much noise & I don't feel like I'm driving a tin-can. Other cars get similar mileage, but don't have the "pep," feel as safe or have the quality. The standard equipment is great. I love my Jetta TDI & I'm working on my guilt for not buying American.
Favorite Features
Heated Seats & cold weather package, easy to understand controls, dials and buttons, lots of engine pep and great mpg! It is quiet and I haven't had any interior diesel smell.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic adjustments on driver seat, fabric options for seats, more substantial sun visors, user manual could use more detail on car specifics beyond safety belts (I know they print these for multiple countries & for multiple vehicles, but its vague!) More durable back seat cup holders.