I love this car!
By Ereimjh on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I love the ESP which makes winter driving less scary for me: a noticeable improvement on my last car, a Sentra that performed horribly in winter weather, no matter how careful I was. It will even let you know when the tire pressure is low. Throw in heated seats, heated sideview mirrors, an outside temperature gauge and a nice, non-plasticy interior and the 2009 Jetta becomes a classier economy car. I stick with premium gas. Yeah, I know it's more expensive but it all comes out in the wash. The fuel efficiency on premium is noticeably better and I can actually accelerate up steep inclines even without putting the transmission into S. It's comfy, too. Instant comradery with other VW drivers.
Favorite Features
ESP, apparently standard on all 2009 VW models, is great! The sensors adjust tire rotation when one wheel slips (in winter weather, for instance) and synchronizes rotation to improve traction or it will apply slight breaking pressure to the wheel if slipping when accelerating to provide stability.
Suggested Improvements
I rather like the boxy look of the older Jettas from around the 03/04 model years. The shiny,silver front end makes it look a bit like a my car has a bib. The power windows seem a bit touchy, opening all the way when I only want them to open a little. a minor complaint.