Happy So Far
By himoses on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
Our 2000 Ford Focus bit the dust and my wife and I were looking to replace it. We were between this, the Altima, Fusion, Accord, Sonata and Elantra Touring. This car offers a lot of options on the base model and good acceleration for its class. While not quite a "pocket rocket" as I would have liked, it definitely is a fun car to drive. The Mazda 3 was sportier but this just feels like a nicer car. This is a very comfortable car and is just big enough for my wife and I. I felt the midsize cars were just too large for city driving. The Jetta is an excellent city cruiser. It performs quite well in the snow. The Jetta has a lot of character. I just hope it holds up as well as my Focus.
Favorite Features
I like the heated seats and mirrors for those Chicago winters. The traction and stability control have been handy. The ergonomics of this car are untouchable by anything in the price range. I love the overall comfort of this car. The fit and finish of the Jetta is excellent except for hubcaps.
Suggested Improvements
Could use a little more sound dampening as highway trips can be a little on the loud side on unrefined pavement. I would also like to see a little better fuel economy (I average 23 city 31 hwy in mostly city driving). Hubcap fell off and was not covered under warranty. Make power seats standard.