Great Sportwagen!
By Donnie Blue Eyes on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I wanted an "adventure-mobile" to replace my beloved 1993 Toyota Corolla. I checked out the RAV4, CR-V, and Escape but they didn't do it for me. Then I found the VW Sportwagen. After four thousand miles it has performed flawlessly. It has a strong engine, solid build, ample cargo room and excellent MPG. The ride on the highway feels lush and well cushioned. The handling is very agile and responsive. My one real complaint is that the sunvisor is too short! They cut off three or four inches to accommodate a fancy ceiling console that I hardly ever use. Not a deal- breaker but it just seems kind of dumb to me. Tinting the windows should take care of it which I was going to do anyway.
Favorite Features
Rear windshield wiper. Aux input jack in armrest. Cargo room Heated Front Seats Good audio system Excellent heating and cooling system Many safety features Cool blue instrument lights Fun to drive
Suggested Improvements
Seats should be even more firm and supportive. These took some getting used to. Knobs and levers feel like they need a gentle touch, making them more sturdy would be nice. Give me a full-size sunvisor, please! Would prefer another color than red for the center instrument console.