Great MPG, can't believe the savings
By peanut on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I picked it up in Tampa and drove 800 miles home. I got 42 mpg on average and the engine is not even broken in yet. The storage is great and will be perfect for my sales job. The savings on gas even with Diesel being higher is really great. Fun to drive, just as peppy and fun as the BMW X3 I drove. I would recommend to the person who wants to be environmental but needs a functional engine. I was able to pass trucks and get out of the way when needed which was my only concern initially. Did get the extended warranty being a new engine and style.
Favorite Features
The sunroof, Sirius radio, ipod adapter. The fact that the seats come up to lay the seats flat and the hidden storage under the gorilla mat. Great gas mileage and still have a fun driving experience. Also love the movable console as an arm rest.
Suggested Improvements
Power Driver seats, at least driver side. Solid cover for sunroof like in X3. Solar heat in south can be a bit much at times. Multifunction Steering wheel on Sportwagen TDI. Thigh support on seats. Power liftgate and dual climate control in sportwagen. Blue Tooth Hands Free standard on car.