2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Great car,

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Great car,
By Darin on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I was really impressed with the Diesel as an alternative to a hybrid. I had a Civic Hybrid that was a great car, but had no guts when you needed it. This car has it in spades. The diesel's torque makes for a much more pleasant driving experience while returning similar fuel economy. The only thing I can't figure out is a high pitched noise that is constantly going. It's not the turbo. This noise is coming from the rear passenger quarter of the car and is especially noticeable after shutting off the engine. No one else seems to hear it, but it makes my ears feel like they've been screamed in after I drive it. Hopefully, it's a break-in issue that will go away.

Favorite Features

236 lb-ft of torque, 36mpg driving around the city, more room and much better stereo than my hybrid, driving position, DSG transmission is awesome, perfectly placed dead pedal, rich materials, huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the noise! Stereo could still use a bit more depth considering the amount of speakers it has. iPod connection does not display track info or allow menu controls. B-pillar is right in my line of sight for blind spot checking. Dash light dimmer at lowest setting is still bright.