2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Economical yet Fun

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Economical yet Fun
By Mike on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought the six speed manual in July and have put about 1200 miles on it so far. Got 41.5 mpg for the first 500 miles and 43 mpg for the second 500 miles (mostly highway but some stop and go). The car handles great and has good acceleration. I traded in my 2003 Passat and this car is almost as big as my Passat was. Not as luxurious as the Passat, but I didn't want to spend the extra money and I wanted the high gas mileage. Unlike a couple of the other reviewers, my air conditioning has been great (live near DC and it has been hot recently). Looks sharp - good head turning quotient.

Nice look, inside and out. Good trunk space. Great handling and zip. Economical and socially responsible. Power outlet in back seat.

Better sound system - the standard one sounds a little tinny. More color choices. A little too much road/wind noise, quieter would be nice. More comfortable seats (cloth option) with better ergonomics.