I love my Jetta, mostly...
By Barnaby S. on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I enjoy driving this car very much. I had a Toyota Camry before and that car was so boring to drive I didn't really enjoy going place, it almost put me to sleep. This car is a joy to drive, I get in it sometimes to drive just for no reason other than to drive. It does have more annoyances than I am used to however. It has many squeaks and rattles, which seems unusual for a newer car. Though the seats are very comfortable, and the interior looks nice, and everything is very easy to use, the car makes many noises that are disturbing. There are probably 6 or 7 different intermittent squeaks and rattles that present themselves regularly, very annoying.
Favorite Features
Comfortable heated seats, large trunk, heated mirrors, smooth transmission, very fun to drive in sport mode, handles nicely if a little soft for my tastes - noticeably softer than my old Jetta. Decent radio, very good climate control, many thoughtful features.
Suggested Improvements
Better build quality. I have had repairs already to the front suspension at less than 20k miles, and another noise in the front suspension that I hear regularly but the VW dealer claims is "normal" and "safe". Also my car has multiple annoying rattles and squeaks on the interior.