2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - VW Jetta Wolfsberg

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

VW Jetta Wolfsberg
By azaero on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

One of the least reliable cars I have ever owned. The interior is cheap plastic that constantly breaks and the dealerships will not replace it. The glove compartment latch has broken 3 times in 60,000 miles and the center arm rest is broken from normal wear. The engine reliability is very poor. The struts have failed twice, the oil leaks constantly, the brake lines leak, the computer constantly says to"check engine," it requires at least 91 octane or it gums-up, the vacuum hose plastic parts fail and leak. I've put thousands into this car. Never again will I own a VW.

Favorite Features

The car has good acceleration when it is running and I get good mileage, about 28 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign. Start with the cheap interior plastic and work out from there.
By kdp7676
on 01/20/14 17:28 PM (PST)

I bought a 2009 Jetta S with a 5 speed transmission. I love the 2.5 L inline 5 cylinder engine, It has plenty of power and handles like It is on rails. It's got everything I wanted and more. The heated seats, mirrors, and washer fluid is great in the winter, and the ESP slip protection keeps it on the road even if you over, or under steer. It is great. Also the stock sound system is clear even when It's turned way up. I can't say enough about this car, except maybe go buy one!

By starzyd
on 01/26/15 12:32 PM (PST)

The 2009 VW Jetta is the worst car I've ever owned. It failed at 34,000, 67,000 and died for good at 78,000. It needs a self destruct button. I bought it brand new, and I spent as much to repair it as I did to buy it. I'm forever done with VW cars. They were crap in the 90's and even worst in the 2000's.